Had a Pity Party Lately? Read this!

 My problems, in the larger scope of things, aren't all that bad. I think most of us, if we stand back and evaluate our situation, would agree.

 That doesn't make our problems any less important, but it does give us something to really be thankful for.

I am not homeless, I have food, I have a family that cares about me, I have many abilities that others could only dream of - My life is not that horrible.

I know that there are going to be times when I fall into the self-pity trap. There will be days when I feel like throwing myself on the ground and into a temper tantrum that could rival that of any two year old.

 However, through all my day-to-day problems, issues, and frustrations I have the sense about me to understand that things could most definitely be worse.

A lot of us get caught up in that horrible little pity trap. We are so hyper-sensitive to our own suffering that we can't always immediately look outward to see that the grass isn't necessarily greener on the other side.

Everyone has issues, some large, some small but they're all significant to the ones experiencing said issues.

 I know at any given moment someone is saying goodbye to a loved one.

At any given moment someone has just suffered from a massive heart attack.

At any given moment someone has a needle in their arm trying to rid themselves of a horrible sickness.

 This is why, at every given moment, when the little things add up to big frustrations, when I feel like I want to pull all my hair out and scream at the top of my lungs, I can take a step back and look at my life from a different perspective.

It's not as bad as it seems. It could be worse.

I should be thankful. We all should be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment