Adult Attention Deficit Disorder Meets Renaissance Soul

Sometimes, I suppose, things don't go quite as planned. Or perhaps I could say the problem lies in the fact that there was never truly a solid plan. As the old saying goes, "If you fail to plan then plan to fail". I wouldn't say that I've actually "failed" but I admit I've not given things my all.

It seems that my thoughts over the past year have been so scattered. I'm honestly all over the place. It's hard to function when you don't know if you're coming or going, right? I had so many things I wanted to accomplish as far as business goes but other than some freelance writing work, I haven't done nearly anything I had "planned" to do. I have no one to blame but myself. While, without a doubt, there have been numerous obstacles in my way, I didn't exactly fight hard to overcome any of them.

I realize I have too many things going on at once and I need to focus on one thing at a time but being the Renaissance Soul that I am, I find it extremely difficult, almost painful, to limit myself. If you haven't read the book Renaissance Soul, I highly recommend it. It's a book by Margarel Lobenstine about the kind of personality that I have -- always looking for something new, having many things going at once, not being able to settle on just one hobby, career, etc. This combined with my ADD makes for a wicked combination.

For now, it seems, I have too many distractions. I need to get my head into the right place. With everything that's been going on I have been neglecting my need for relaxation and meditation. I know I'll find a better place once I get back on track. Sorry if this post seems like a bunch of senseless rambling but I had to get it all out there. I'm preparing for a comeback of great proportions so I need to dump all the negative thoughts and just start over with a clean slate.

No comments:

Post a Comment