Summer's Slllooowwwlllyy Coming to an End...

Yes, summer is fading. The stores are already advertising their back to school sales and my children are already whining about not wanting to go back. We have just over two weeks before school starts back up in our area and... I have to be honest; I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED!

 Does that make me a bad mommy? Hrmm, so be it! Now don't get me wrong, I love my kids to the moon and back but Mama needs a break. This has just been one of those summers. We haven't went on vacation or really done much of anything else to break up the monotony. The kids have been bickering and fighting constantly and by that I do mean constantly (at least it feels that way).

Their father sleeps all day because he works all night (and he sleeps A LOT) so I'm pretty much their only caregiver and dammit I'm just tired. It will be nice to actually clean and have the house stay that way for at least 6 hours. It will be great to sit down for more than 5 minutes at a time without having to jump up to clean something or break up a fight or wipe pee off the bathroom floor (Story for another time).

I surely can't be the only one happy about school starting back up. No, I don't think of school as a daycare and my childrens' teachers glorified babysitters. No, I don't just want to push them off onto others and shirk my responsibilities as a parent. NO! I just want a break. So sue me.

No comments:

Post a Comment